Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Barbara Licha Selected for the Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing 2009

The Hermit, 2008. Mixed media. 56x76cm


Barbara's drawing, The Hermit, has been selected for this year's Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing.

In Barbara's words: The sequence of "The Hermit" relates back to the memories and experiences of my journey to the Kimberley. I often go back there in my thoughts. I could not forget the power of the land and its spirituality.

The strength of the land and the human fragility, the earth and its infinity is the subject I am interested in at the moment. I try to depict feelings of isolation, contemplation, loneliness and show importance of individual self knowledge.

In The Hermit drawings I also use the graphic elements which for became the symbol of the earth and infinity.

The opening for the Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing Exhibition 7.00 pm Friday 27 February at Adelaide Perry Gallery, corner Hennessy Street and College Street, Croydon NSW.

Exhibition continues until March 28.

Adelaide Perry Gallery opens Monday-Friday 8.30am -4 pm, Saturday 11am - 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment